Wednesday 17 August 2011

Muizenburg


Last Wednesday after our morning orientation lectures a few friends and I took the train down to Muizenburg, a little town close to the end of the rail line going outside of Cape Town. We walked down the beach, watched the surfers in the freezing cold water (its winter here now), and got absolutely delicious milkshakes and croissants for the next day’s breakfast in a little bakery on the water.
I can ride my bike to this beach from my house, and when it gets warm out, I can rent all the surfing equipment I need for the equivalent of 10 American dollars. We’ve met a few UCT students who are willing to teach us for no charge, so maybe I’ll be coming back to the states a surf dude…I can’t wait until the weather is nice so I can come here after my classes in the afternoon (I only have class til 1:00!). On the afternoons when I’m not volunteering in the townships or doing research, I’ll definitely be found here. Every time I turn around, there’s another beautiful Cape Town landmark behind me. This city never ceases to amaze me. 
The train station at Muizenberg
 
Changing houses on the beach…very iconic Cape Town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment