Wednesday 17 August 2011

Happy Birthday to my Oldest Friend


My mom and I are missing my brother’s nineteenth birthday today. We just skyped him, but its just not the same. Dante and I are about 17 months apart and have always been incredibly close. He cried for days when I left for kindergarten, and then again when I left for college (just kidding, i wish). Dante has always had the short end of the stick on birthdays because our family is always on vacation, so we do what we can for his birthday on the fly. However, he’s had his birthday in some pretty cool places: Liverpool, England; San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua; a few times in Bar Harbor, Maine; Kilkelly, Ireland; Boston, MA, and now half the family is in Knysna, South Africa. 
In addition to missing his birthday, I’m also going to be missing the family road trip to Nashville, TN to move him into his dorm at Vanderbilt, and won’t be in easy contact for his first semester at college. So essentially I’m a worthless older sister. But I ordered a sick birthday present for him before I left, and he gets a whole blog post to dedicated to him!!! So anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM KNYSNA, SOUTH AFRICA, DANTE. Enjoy your last year of being a teenager, don’t let that midlife crisis get you down.
 
Dante and I on his 17th birthday in San Juan del Sur, Nicargua. 

No comments:

Post a Comment