Saturday 17 September 2011

Pamoja

Kilimanjaro Day 6- The Last Day
Our last day was so sad. We were absolutely exhausted from the night before though, and our first shower all week was within grasp, but we were so sad to leave our group. We got so used to spending all of our waking hours with them. Separation anxiety happened immediately following... 
Here's a few pictures from our last morning:
The toilet tent. Yes, some companies tote a makeshift toilet around and set it up for you. 

The tent that my Dad and I shared for 5 nights. By the end of it, we were ready to kill each other. 

Our eating tent. 


How cute is Bima's shirt and bow tie? Miss him so much!
Chillin.

The crew. Pamoja means together, and its my favorite Swahili word. 

John and the bracelets he makes.
John enjoyed taking pictures. 

Me and Dad with Moshi and our bag of sleeping gear, shoes, and toiletries. 
Me pretending that I'm a porter and John having a great time having a photo shoot. 

Epa giving me some last minute Swahili words. I told him to write down "nakupenda" which means I love you. All the people in front of us thought I was proclaiming my love for him, and turned around to stare.

A pretty flower along the path. On the last day, we were on the lowest level and there were sooo many more plants and flowers along the trail. 

We were the first people off the mountain, and I was the first person to sign the book that day. 

Writing down my memories of the summit! Was wayyy too tired the day before. 

Taking baths, trading gear, celebrating being done. 

Chaos with all the vans of trekking companies picking up their clients. 

Finally back at Rivertrees, the end of our journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment