Thursday 6 October 2011

Lights will guide you home

I'm currently sitting in University of Cape Town's student center, drinking coffee and watching a guard walking around campus with an AK-47. Imagine seeing someone with a gun the size of your torso walking around Villanova's campus....

I'm recovering from the minimal amount of sleep I got last night last night: I went to see Coldplay play their first ever concert in South Africa. Pretty much the entire city came, especially the university population... friends even ran into their professors. It was in the world cup stadium, and it was PACKED. I think there were about 60,000 people there. The entire experience was unreal. My friend Abbey took the picture above at the fireworks at the end.  How awesome is that picture? I forgot my camera, as I am wont to do whenever I do something cool, but it probably ended up making me enjoy the experience more. I was watching the concert first hand instead of standing behind a camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment