Friday 14 October 2011

Have the best day ever, Russ.

Here's my weak attempt at a long-distance birthday card.
Happy Birthday Russell!! I am so, so bummed I can't be there. Totally put a damper on this beautiful spring Friday that I'm missing your 20th birthday. But here's a few things making me happy today!
This is Russell. From the movie Up. But he is also my Russell circa age 9.... Totally reminds me of what he must have been like when he was 9. Minus the boy scout apparel. 

Feliz Cumpleanos Russell! Do you have a thing with being in Spanish speaking countries for your birthday?
Last year, Russell and I were in El Salvador on a service trip, and our amazing group got him this cake from El Salvador's equivalent of Costco. Now he's in studying abroad in Spain...excited to see which country you'll be in next year for your 21st!

I caught the exact moment that Russell was making his wish...

Stinks that I can't be there this year to do the same. It's crazy to think that a year ago, when I was taking this picture, Russell and I were just friends and barely knew each other and had NO idea we'd be dating a couple of weeks later...This year went by CRAZY fast. 
However, exactly four weeks from today, I will be celebrating (a little late) with Russell IN PERSON. I literally cannot wait and am counting down the days. 

So, Russ, my temporary birthday present is that I'm leaving South Africa a week early to go to Spain and see you a week earlier than planned!!  Oh no! Now you have less time to prepare! And find me a hotel reservation....So stressful. You might want to get crackin' on that, huh?
Happy 20th, Russ!

P.S. As i was finishing this card, the song "Your Song" came on in the cafe I'm sitting in. That is the strangest coincidence. I'm freaking out a little bit. SO weird. 



No comments:

Post a Comment