Friday 28 October 2011

Flannel shirts and apple cider


You know what i miss?


Caramel apples, jack o lanterns, pumpkins, fall leaves, butternut squash soup, the smell of the first day of fall, runs through the woods behind my house, the first day its cold enough to build a fire, baking apple pie, pine needles, my mom's pumpkin bread, candy corn, pumpkin spice lattes, flannel shirts, hiking, falling leaves, the road where we biked on by my house in the fall, watching soccer games, warm apple cider in the morning,  and running though the New England prep schools for cross country races and remembering my youth.


source
Source
The boys and I at Thanksgiving last year. 


source



source


My friend Rachel took this picture of my house around the 4th of July. Its in the middle of the woods, and my favorite thing to do in the fall is run through the paths in the woods that you can see behind it. 

Although I can't complain about Cape Town's spring, I never really realized how much I love fall in New England until I missed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment